Buckhead Life Restaurant Group
“We appreciated having a partner that was able to push the envelope as much as SHERPA did. Adding the layers of social media and an online connection with our guests made the program so much richer.”
About the Campaign
The campaign spiced up Buckhead Life’s seasonal loyalty program with unique incentives for dining at any of their 14 restaurants. Scheduled emails invited customers to receive a $25 Blue Card, redeemable at any of the group’s venues during one month, by liking the group’s newly created Facebook fan page and updating their mailing information. Customers who used the Blue Card received another value-add card to spend at any of its restaurants the following month.
To further sweeten the pot, the Buckhead Life’s Facebook fan page simultaneously hosted a $1,000 Ultimate Dining Card Giveaway, whose winner was collectively selected by the community of dedicated fans. They were further engaged by chef demo videos, celebrity sightings, and other delicious relevant content.
Planned within a challenging one-month timeframe and a tight budget, the campaign exceeded all expectations:
- “$25 Rewards Giftcard” campaign awarded 2011 Most Effective Local Campaign by the Atlanta Interactive Marketing Association
- Revenue from improved card redemption delivered a ROI 41 times over the campaign cost
- Facebook page added 10,000 fans in 15 days and served nearly six million highly-targeted impressions, blowing away expectations for the social media presence to be used in future campaigns at a lower cost
- Email and customer database expanded to three times more than the campaign’s goal with updated postal addresses, birthdays, anniversaries, and preferred restaurants for refined segmentation
- Click-through rates increased four times to better than the industry average
- Significant uplift in corporate website traffic
Buckhead Life Restaurant Group continues to lead Atlanta restaurant groups with one of the largest Facebook fanbase of any Atlanta restaurant group and a new standard for cross-channel, integrated marketing. Bon appétit, indeed!